is SmartWeight® Technology
Weight Done the Old Way
- Weighted blankets originated in the mental health field as an alternative to a tie-down restraint
- Heavy weight focused on controlling extreme behaviors
- 10-15% of body weight rule originated with spinal health for backpacks/purses, resulting in extremely heavy blankets (30 pounds or more)
- This has been the standard for weighted blankets for 30 years
The "Old Way" Needs to Change
- Weighted blankets need to catch up with current neuro-science
- Weight should target a neurological response and maximize nerve contact
- Weight should be focused on the weight per square inch that is touching the body, not the total weight of the blanket
- CapeAble is changing the standard in the weighted blanket industry
Mom from Indiana
You said this product wasn't a miracle, but it sure does feel like to our family.
Tried the cheap quality weighted blanket brands first. Didn’t work. You won’t regret this investment. Thank you Capeable for changing my life!
“I have bought a blanket for my mother, husband, and all 4 of my kids! You don’t know what you are missing until you sleep with one of these.”